*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 24 April 2018

Day 31: Just cruising in the rain.

Hello Friends and Followers.

It was a soggy old start to the day for us. The forecast was for possible showers. What they obviously did not realise was the shower would be one prolonged on. Other than that it followed us all the way to Tardibigge.
My first job for the morning was to make a cuppa and then light the back cabin stove, to warm the cabin, which was a tad nippy according to Marmite, who wanted to get beneath the duvet, whilst e had our first cuppa of the day. She was none to pleased when I told her we had to get up and put the bed away.
So having done the usual morning tasks we said "Goodbye" to Birmingham for now and headed off.
Whilst we were on the move, I cooked a Spag Bol and a Curry and put them in and on the back cabin stove to cook. Due to the wet weather I spent a lot of my time inside the back cabin where it was dry and very warm.
Instead of turning left at Kings Norton Junction we carried on towards Alvechurch.
On through Wast Hill Tunnel. The only mooring at Alvechurch was on a bend, so the bow would have been out in the channel, so we decided despite the rain we would carry on.
Even with the rain, the greenery is so lovely to see. The leaves are all bursting forth with the warmer weather and the rain.
Having done Shortwood Tunnel and Tardibigge Tunnel, we moored up at 2.10pm and yes it was still raining. Wet clothes hung up to dry, it was time for a coffee and a catch-up on social media etc. We will probably stop here for a day or two to have a nose around.

Pop back soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails