*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Friday 15 September 2017

Hold Finished.

Hello Dear Friends and Followers.

Another week is drawing to a close and another step closer to the C word.
I have days when I have a job in mind and no matter what I am determined to do it and today was one of those days. I was determined to get the hold finished this morning and so at 9 am having done all the jobs on and off the boat, we set about finishing the hold.
Keith got on with lagging the water pipe as I cleaned and scrapped the base plate. Once scrapped off, I hoovered.
I then had the job of brushing used engine oil over the base plate, this will help to stop rusting. Fortunately the base plate is in really good condition and it will most certainly outlive us, especially as it is 15mm thick. Once I had oil coated two sections we could put the shutts back down.
We worked our way towards the bow, clearly one shutt at a time, oiling and replacing the shutts, it worked like a dream.
By lunchtime, we had the job done. We are all ready to go and collect bricks which will go under the shutts as ballast. We are hopeful to get underway on Wednesday all being well.
Lunchtime was a chance to sit down and enjoy another portion of the cottage pie I made yesterday. My Sciatic nerve has been complaining about the work we have done in the hold, so I will give it a rest for a day or two, so I am fit for moving on Wednesday.

Pop back soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails