*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 8 August 2017

Getting cloned.

Hello Dear Friends and Followers.

Well what a day weather wise. It has been more like October than August, but that is the joys of the British weather, because we never really know what we are going to get. That is what makes the UK weather so interesting and I personally would not change it for the world.

This past few days have been pretty uneventful. I had to go for an appointment with the practice nurse about my HRT. I got my weight checked, that has gone down which is a good thing. I have been cutting down on portions sizes and I am not eating crisps, chocolate or sweets as much either. My BP was nice and low, mind you it has never been high, so I am doing just fine. Over the past months I have been thinking about coming off of my HRT. My first attempt was a total failure all because my male GP told me to just stop taking it. Now whilst this may well have worked for some women, it did not work for me. I went into meltdown, with the Menopause smashing down on me like a tonne of bricks. Because of hormone overdrive, I was immediately put back onto my HRT, which I was so thankful for, but now I feel I want to try again, but this time with the help of the female nurse practitioner, I am going to do it slowly. So Saturday was the first day I did not take my HRT and I will do the next couple of Saturdays, before adding another day and then another. You get the picture until I am off it and then we will see what happens. I have been Menopausal now for Ten years and so I am hopeful that I am possibly through the otherside. I have only taken the HRT for Three years though, so it has not been long. Now if this attempt to come off fails, I will go back onto the HRT and stay on it for a while longer. I know you are probably thinking, why bother coming off of it?
Well I am not one for taking tablets or medication unless I absolutely have too, so for me this is the right time.
The rest of my weekend was spent watching the Athletics World Championships and films. I decided to take it easy. I still think of Sunday as a day of rest, unless I have to be busy.
Monday and the weather was not helping me get my paintwork done, so I caught up with some tidying of the boat. I grouted around the flue of the chimney in the saloon ready for the Autumn and Winter fires, which are creeping in on us all.
After lunch I went online and had a message from someone telling me I had been used on Instagram. Apparently my facebook photograph and name had been used on Instagram to publicise a naked lady page. I was not only upset I was also furious. How dare someone do this not just to me but anyone else. Immediately I asked people on my Facebook who use Instagram to check their profiles for my name and if I was on it, then they should block and report it. I do not have an Instagram account, as I do not have a smartphone, so I have no idea how this happened. Anyway I found a way of contacting Instagram and asked them to take the profile down.
This morning I was told that the account had been taken down because of its content, which I am so pleased about.What makes people want to do this to others. The content of this page was not at all nice and I found it offensive that my name should be associated with it. I am hoping this is the end of it now. It did make me think though about the pages I do use and how secure they are though. I think we all must be aware that there are some not so nice people out there.

I do not get much time to read other boaters blogs, but when I do, I tend to binge read. One of my favourite blogs is that of our good friend Jaqueline on NB Valerie. She has been through so much this past few years and having been left on her own after the death of her husband and our friend Les, Jaqueline is cruising the canals as a single hander. She is an amazing lady and writes in such a beautiful way, so if you get the chance and the time do read her posts.

So here we are into August and you just know that the shops will soon be putting the Christmas fare on their shelves and trees in their windows. In away I am in Christmas mode, because I have just started making my cards for Christmas. I wanted to make a range of Winter cards for the Heritage Weekend event in September and so I need to start them now. I will not post the photographs yet, as I would hate for you to be thinking Oh My Goodness she has joined the Christmas band wagon. It will not be long before we are lighting our fires and hunkering down on the cold nights.
Where has this year gone?

Bye for now x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails