*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Sunday 16 July 2017

Up the hill.

Hello Dear Friends and Followers.

What an eventful day we have had.
We are now moored in the dry dock near the top of Hatton locks, already for dry docking tomorrow morning and then we are blacking for the next few of days. We share our lovely trip up the locks with our friends Mike and Lynn Bassett on their narrowboat Diamond Sissy Jupe. Some fun was to be had on the way up. Firstly Keith nearly had his head knocked off by a branch, which had a mind of its own. On reaching lock 30 Keith had noticed the temperature was off the gauge, so we pulled into the bank and moored up. Lynn made us all coffee, whilst Keith and Mike tried to figure out what the problem was. The 1st thoughts were we had an air lock from where we had added the spare skin tank in series, but having rebled both tanks it wasn't this. Checked the water pump, the impeller was fine. Suspected the thermostat so took that out. None of these things improved the situation with the gauge. As there was no steam coming from anywhere which, if the gauge was correct, would have been coming out everywhere we carried on to the dry dock. In Lock 30 we then discovered we had picked up something on the prop, it was a huge curtain.
Thankfully there were no more dramas to be had as we climbed our way to the top of the Hatton Flight, where we said "Cheerio" to Lynn and Mike, who were off for a few days R and R on the Stratford Canal. I made us dinner and a coffee and we sat outside enjoying the last of the days sunshine. Whilst sitting here on the dockside relaxing Keith suddenly remembered the over hanging and how it hit the pigeon box, it had lifted and moved the pigeon box, in which the temperature gauge sits, so he checked the wiring and 1 wire was pulled out, refitted and all now sorted. Sometimes it pays to check the simple things first I know, but we had both forgotten about that darn branch :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails