*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Monday 5 June 2017

Up the hill and breakfast.

61f292a099a0ff207ea8e65a0fab3962

Hello Friends and Followers.

After a perfect Sunday afternoon with the Alarum Theatre, I invited the ladies to join us for the pub quiz at The Punch Bowl. There were seven teams and some what we thought were really difficult questions and so we were not surprised when we came 5th. The Alarum Theatre team, which called themselves ‘Idle Women’ kept us all up by coming last, but as I say it was a difficult quiz. We all had a brilliant time though.

This morning began as a soggy Monday morning and of course we had the Hatton flight of locks to do.

SAM_0432

We set off from the Saltisford Arm at 8 am to set the first lock, where the boats and crew members joined us at 8.30 am.

SAM_0435

Before exiting the first lock the boats were breasted up.

SAM_0447

There was plenty of water.

SAM_0446

Rain still falling we made our way up the hill. Keith went ahead setting the locks, whilst Heather, Kate, Francis and I closed the locks. It worked like clock work.

SAM_0453

Joining us was Andrew Denny who write for Waterways World.

SAM_0472

Erin also joined us and was filming for the Theatre group.

SAM_0477

Despite the weather we did the Hatton Flight in Two and Three Quarter Hours and so we thought a breakfast in the cafe was called for. Keith and I both had a lovely English breakfast, which went down really well because we had not eaten breakfast before leaving the boat. It also served as lunch as well, all washed down with a cup of warming tea.

We had an absolutely fabulous time with Kate, Heather 1, Heather 2, Francis, Brian, Alex, Andrew and Erin and we sincerely hope that the ‘Idle Women of the Wartime Waterways’ continues its success. Having said our “Goodbyes” we walked back down the flight and home to the boat. A good day was had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails