*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Friday 2 June 2017

Sticky Fringe.

11157395_824815077568089_3630213032561791096_o

Hello Friends and Followers.

A slight change to our weather today. It began sunny and humid and then the forecast rain arrived and cooled things down a tad. I usually like to do a laundry wash on a Friday, but with the forecast of rain, I decided to leave it in the washing machine till tomorrow, when I know I can put the washing out. Instead I sat outside in the sunshine early doors and got on with some crochet. I want to get a few more baby blankets done for our Heritage weekend in September. Whilst I sat crocheting Kate Saffin from the Alarum Theatre Tour popped into the Arm for a quick catch-up and to give me some more leaflets. Kate and Heather will be doing their performance in front of the Arm’s Cedar Room, which we hire out for meetings and if the weather should rain our parade, then we can always set up in there.

18447032_10154366305926372_2189049671320887332_n

The Idle Women production is coming to the Arm on Sunday at 2pm and I cannot wait. We are all ready for their arrival tomorrow, when they will be bringing Historic Working Boat Tench into the Arm. Jacky and I are all set for the tea tent, so we are just hoping plenty of people turn up. It was nice to say “Hello” to Kate before they come in tomorrow.

The title of this posting as you will have read is ‘Sticky Fringe’. The reason for this is because that is what I have at the moment. Because of the hot weather, my fringe sticks to my forehead, thus giving me a sticky fringe, which annoys the living daylights out of me, as it is not a good look. I think for as long as I can remember I have struggled with fringe or no fringe and I am forever growing it out, only to cut it back in again. This I did a few weeks ago, I had a debate on my Facebook about which looked better.

Jo May 2017

Fringe.

Jo2

No Fringe.

At the moment I have a fringe, but it is pinned back, so I do not have a sticky fringe moment. From as long as I can remember I have had a fringe on and off for many many years, although looking at old photographs, I did not have a fringe as a child. I am always aware that I frown and I have a high forehead and this is why I thought having a fringe would cover that up. But in hot weather it does give me a sticky fringe. I guess the solution would be to keep the fringe and just pin it up when it is hot, then I have the best of both worlds. Oh what is a girl supposed to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails