*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Wednesday 15 March 2017

Finding Sarah Ann Thacker.

IMG_9479

Hi Friends and Followers.

We are back in Birmingham and moored just inside the Oozells Street loop, outside the Sea Life Centre in Birmingham City centre.

This morning I was on a mission. I wanted to find the final resting place of my Great Grandmother Sarah Ann Owen (Thacker). From the information I have she was buried in Key Hill Cemetery.

SARAH ANN OWEN (THACKER): At the time of her marriage to Alfred Evans Owen in 1874 her residence was stated as Stour Street, Birmingham.

The 1911 census states that Alfred and Sarah had in all 15 children but by the time the census was taken 4 of them had died.

CENSUS NOTES:

1861 - Lived with parents and siblings at 4, 3 Court, Ryland Street, Birmingham.

1871 - Lived at Bishopsgate Street Court, Birmingham, with parents and siblings.

1881 - Living with husband & daughters Amy, Rose and Millicent at 56 Chester Street, Birmingham.

1891 - Living with husband & children at 14 Tindal Street, Birmingham.

1901 - Living with husband & children at 9, Caroline Street, Birmingham.

1911 - Living at 3 Regent Place, St. Marks, Birmingham with her husband and children.

When son Harry joined the Army in 1916, Sarah was stated as his next of kin and her address was given as 99 Hingeston Street, Brookfields, Birmingham

Birth 23 Mar 1854 • Birmingham

Baptism 30 Sep 1855 • Leamington, Warwickshire, England

Residence 1861 • Birmingham, Warwickshire, England

Residence 1871 • Birmingham, Warwickshire, England Relation to Head of House: Daughter

Marriage Sarah walked to the church from her home in Stour Street. 23 Mar 1874 • St.Mark, Birmingham, Warwickshire Alfred Evan Owen (1853–1911)

Birth of Daughter Amy Louisa Owen(1892–1976) 03 Oct 1892 • Birmingham

Residence 1901 • Birmingham, Warwickshire, England

Residence April 1911 • 3 Regent Place,St.Marks Street, Ladywood, Birmingham 1911 Census

Death of Husband Alfred Evan Owen(1853–1911) Jun 1911 • Warwickshire, United Kingdom

Death 1936 Dec after a fall on the dark cramped stairs in her home at the age of 84, she was buried in Key Hill Cemetery.

Sadly we did not find her final resting place, which means she is no longer looked after. I would have so liked to have found a headstone and left her some flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails