*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Friday 23 December 2016

Winter's Stare.

Winters stare.
Winter comes, the cold winds blow.
Days are in darkness early, streetlights shine
The bird song has now all but gone.
Jack Frosts lying on the ground.
Blanketing all in his icy glow.
Snow is coming I can see from the sky.
Sparkling snow falling to the ground.
The earth turns white, sparkling against the grey dull sky.
The ground is thick with sleet and slush.
I find it hard to keep my feet.
Catching cold crystals on my tongue.
Making snowmen in the yard.
Warmth from coats, mittens and hats.
Icy roads, salt trucks are running.
Shops full of Christmas fare.
People rushing here and there.
Houses decked out in Christmas lights
Log fires burning, snuggle up so tight.
Sipping Hot chocolate into the night.
Colds and Flu forever in the air.
Coughs and sneezes hankies at hand
As we all come to grips with winters stare.

Written by Jo Lodge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails