*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 20 December 2016

All done and dusted.

Hi Friends.

Yes there are just five days to go and then it will all be over for another year. 
Are you all done?
We are all done and dusted. Keith went food shopping this morning, for the few bits we needed to last us over the Christmas period. I am not one for over spending or buying, because more often than not things end up getting wasted and thrown in the bin. So we have enough to keep us going. Apparently Aldi was quiet first thing. I bet it will not be like that come Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Whilst Keith was food shopping, I got on with sweeping the saloon stoves flue. I like to do it once a week, to make sure it stays clean. I remember a few years ago whilst we were out, a woman on a boat passing by, looked at me with the flue brush in my hand and asked what I was doing. When I told her I was cleaning my stoves flue, she looked at me in amazement. She said "I have been boating Fourteen years and I have never cleaned my flue". My reply was "Do you not have a fire". Apparently she did, but she did not know she should clean the flue. All flues need cleaning for them to work properly and to stop a build up of Carbon-monoxide. I explained this to the lady, who was shocked to know what could happen and she would be cleaning her flue from now on. I may just have saved her life. Flue cleaned and stove fire riddled out and stoked up for the day. I then got on with the hoovering and washing the floors. When ever I hoover, both Paddy and Marmite disappear, they both hate the hoover. Keith was soon back with the shopping, which I stowed away. Coffee was made and lunch was on the go. We finished off the curry we had yesterday. Curries always taste better the following day. The spices are more vibrant I always think. The afternoon began with me doing a laundry wash, which ask always got hung in the engine room to dry. 

I am not lost for words very often and I can natter for England. But today I am finding it hard to think of things to say, because yet another of our friends has been diagnosed with Cancer and has been told it is going to be a tough fight. At the moment it seems to many of the people I love and are friends with are fighting Cancer. I sincerely hope that they all fight the good fight, because this world would be worse off without them. We are keeping them all in our thoughts right now. No time is a good time to hear you have Cancer, but just before Christmas is the worst time. Feeling sad tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails