*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 4 October 2016

Tamhorn Farm Bridge to Fradley.

Hi Folks.

Another stunning morning with mist on the water. It was definitely chillier this morning in the back cabin, so the stove was relit pretty darn quick. The joy of our coal stove is it heats the cabin really quickly which is a bonus.
Paddy enjoyed his stroll in the mist. It was so beautiful walking along the towpath, with nothing else around.
With mornings like this, it is great for photographs.
We upped and left the over night mooring at 8.55 am and cruised off into the mist. It was quieter on the cut this morning, there were not so many boats on the move. We did however see Hotel Boat Earlswood, with Andy steering. Last time we saw them was a couple of months ago in the Saltisford Arm.

At Streethay we passed Historic Boats Starling and Ethel, both looking splendid, in what looks like a new livery.
When ever we have come to Fradley Junction, we have never been able to moor before the swing bridge, because it is always full. Low and behold we found the last or even first mooring available and so stopped and moored up at 11.15 am. Usually Fradley is rammed and there is no room wither at the junction or above the locks. We plan to have a wander whilst here, so making the most of the mooring.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails