*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Wednesday 19 October 2016

Stone, fun and goodbyes.

Hi Folks.

Our stay in Stone, Staffordshire was a fantastic one, full of fun, laughter and lots of chatter. We were there for the The Fuller Do, which Roger and Teresa organise each year for invited guests. Keith and I felt really chuffed to have been invited and were keen to help out and join in as much as possible.
Lots of historic boats and their owners were on parade for the whole weekend. We actually had the youngest boat there. Hadar was built by Roger Fuller so she was home for the weekend.
Roger's railway was in use all weekend, giving lots of rides. Young boys and older men's fixes were definitely filled all weekend, with boats and trains what more could anyone want.

 Friday night we went to the Borehole Pub in Stone, then Saturday evening the Bar-b-q's were set up for people to cook their own food, we had out curry on our boat before hand, but we did take drinks over.
The bonfire was lit both days, which meant it was the place to sit for a good old natter. We got to catch-up with lots of people we have not seen for years and with those we have seen more recently.
Monday we stayed on to see Tina and Rob. We walked down to Wetherspoons and met up with them for a meal, which was great fun. I do so love to catch-up with friends and to hear all their news and of course put the world to right over a few drinks.
Tuesday it was time to let go and leave Hadar's birthplace, but not before we delivered six bag of coal into Roger's yard for a customer.
Our day ended at Rugeley.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails