*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Wednesday 19 October 2016

Rugeley to Bonehill Road Bridge near Fazeley.

Hi Folks.

Fabulous nights sleep at Rugeley, but we were awake at 6 am. As per-usual I made us a cuppa, which we sat in bed drinking and discussing the day ahead.
Up and about, Paddy was walked and then he and Marmite were fed. Rucksacks donned we shut the boat up and headed for Aldi, where we did a small shop. We were back at the boat by 8.45 am. I stowed the food away and we then prepared the boat for setting off.
It was a beautiful morning and actually warm in the sunshine.
We passed Debbie and James on Narrow Boat Lois Jane. We had a fleeting "Hello" as we passed each other.
Whilst we were on the move, I did some hand washing, I also put some sausage rolls in the back cabin oven to warm through for lunch. Lunch was eaten as we approached the top of Fradley Locks. As we approached the top lock, the volunteer lock keeper had the gate already open for us. We were down the locks with no fuss at all thanks to the volunteers. I then walked ahead to open the swing bridge at the junction.
The Autumn colours are glorious and always make me smile. There were plenty of boats on the move and some who required coal, so we made a couple of deliveries on the way, so the hold is getting lighter and closer to Keith's railway being built.
With the afternoon walking slowly towards the evening, I put dinner in the back cabin oven to cook, so when we stopped dinner would be ready. It was a longer day than most, so dinner was very welcome.
Our day ended at Bonehill Road Bridge, where we decided to call it a day. Dinner was ready and the kettle was boiling, so we settled down to dinner, before Keith had to walk Paddy. It is now 6.10 pm and getting dark, so we will sit and watch a DVD tonight before bedtime.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails