*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Monday 24 October 2016

On to Knowle.

Hi Folks.

We are now moored in Knowle, having left our weekend mooring at a leisurely pace, with only a short distance to travel. We in fact travelled 2.85 miles, with no locks in 1hr 30mins. Having not done this bit of the cut before, we were not sure where the moorings were, and we ended up having to reverse back from Kenilworth Road Bridge No.71 quite a distance before it was deep enough to moor up.

Having moored up and done a few things, we locked the boat up and walked down the towpath to the road bridge, where we walked into Knowle.
We dropped into Stephen Goldsbrough Boats first, to see if we could book their dry dock for next year, as Hadar is due to be blacked but Ian who we needed to speak to was not there, so we will have to give him a ring.
Church of St. John the Baptist, St. Lawrence and St. Anne.
Knowle is described as a village, but it is a small town with shops, eating places etc.
Chester House, which is the Library dates back to Tudor times.
Behind the Library is this stunning little knot garden.
We had a lovely carvery lunch at this Toby Carvery and it was most definitely nicer than the meal we had yesterday at the Chef and Brewer. The meal was washed down with a pint of course. Two roasts in two days, we really have pushed the boat out this trip. But why not, it is not as though we spend a lot of money on anything else.
Before we went back to the boat, we walked down the Knowle Locks to have a look at what we would be coming down. The locks are really rather lovely and well looked after. Whilst walking we spotted a Kingfisher going about its business, so once back at the boat I went out with my bigger camera and tried to take a few photographs, which is easier said than done, when they are such a nervous bird.
I did get a few snaps.
Success it had caught its lunch.
The Seagulls were in good voice on the lock gates.
Our wildlife never ceases to make me smile.





 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails