*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Thursday 20 October 2016

Fazeley to Curdworth/Minworth

4hrs 30mins, 7.5miles, 11 locks
 
Hi Folks.

We left our over night mooring at Bonehill Road Bridge at 9.25 am, having done all the usual morning stuff on board. There was literally no wind this morning, so it was pleasantly warm, yet overcast.
Beautifully painted boat at Fazeley Junction, so impressive.
We turned on to the Birmingham and Fazeley Canal for the second time this year.
Once again, the glorious Autumn colours brightened a rather dull morning. You cannot help but smile at the warm colours.
Drayton Foot Bridge.
It was time to work the locks, starting with Curdworth Bottom Lock and then it was the climb to the top, passing Kingsbury Water Park, which one day we will stop at, so we can get some fabulous wildfowl photographs.
Nearing the top we were helped by a couple of volunteer lock keepers, which was really nice.
On through Curdworth Tunnel, where we had hoped to moor, so we could walk into Curdworth for a nosey, but it was way to shallow and even though e tried a few places, there was no way we could moor.
We ended up mooring near the Cuttle Bridge Inn, near Curdworth. It is near a busy road, but it has rings and is deep enough, so it will do.









No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails