*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Wednesday 21 September 2016

Fabulous visitor

Hi Folks.
The waterways supports all sorts of craft, but this is the first Gondola I have seen on the canal and it is most certainly the first one to come into the Saltisford Arm. 
It had come up from Startford-upon-Avon and is heading towards London, so you never know you may see it, if you are that way.

He had come in hoping to have a shower and to find somewhere, where he could have breakfast, but we do not have showers here. However we did give him a few places where he could get a breakfast.
Apparently many Gondola's which finish their working life in Venice make their way to the UK and are restored and then put back to work. This one is The House of Peroni Gondola and will be seen down in London.
It was a real treat having such a wonderful craft in the Arm
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails