*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Thursday 12 May 2016

Worsley back to Dunham Woodhouse Underbridge.

We had a lovely evening in Worsley.

IMG_4595

It obviously helps when you have a stunning backdrop.

This morning we woke to the sound of the traffic on the Motorway and the birds singing. Awakw at stupid o’clock, so I made us a cuppa and some toast before we eventually got up.

We set off in brilliant sunshine, with a view to stop at the Trafford Centre if there was room.

IMG_4614

Crossing over the Barton swing aqueduct.

IMG_4628

Manchester Ship Canal calm.

SUNP0010_thumb[1]

We managed to moor at the Trafford Centre, because Linda and George on Wandering Star were just leaving and so we nipped into their space. Having locked up the boat we went to have a look around.

SUNP0011[4]

The entrance is impressive.

SUNP0015[4]

But it continues to get more impressive.

It is quite an amazing place, and we now know why so many friends have said we should visit it.

SUNP0016[4]

I wanted a couple of new hairbands and infact I got 3 for the price of 2 so a bargain. Keith bought a new compact camera and then we had a Pizza Hut buffet lunch whilst there. We decided that we would continue our journey, leaving room for someone else to enjoy the Trafford Centre, so we cruised on to Dunham Woodhouse underbridge, where there is an offside mooring, and just as we were about to moor up, John and Judith on Serena arrived and also moored there, so we had a quick catch-up with them.

IMG_4655

Both Marmite and Paddy wanted to go out and Marmite made the most of it.

IMG_4657

She was upsetting the local population of Magpies and Crows, who were being very noisy in a tree next to the boat, but she did not care.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails