*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Friday 6 May 2016

Saying “Goodbye” to Liverpool.

Time to stay goodbye. There is a song title in there somewhere.

IMG_3916

Before leaving, Paddy and I went out for a last look around the docks. The water was flat calm, giving wonderful reflections.

IMG_3933

Such a treat on our last morning.

Today was leaving day and we had to be at Mann Island Lock for 8 am. We have had the most amazing time in Liverpool. It was so worth the visit and we would say if you have never been to Liverpool, please make the effort, you will not be disappointed.IMG_3973

We arrived at Mann Island Lock and waited for the C&RT guys to arrive to let us through.

IMG_4015IMG_4028

Sid was a real character.

IMG_4034

Sid’s ditch is named after the Sid in the photograph above.

IMG_4051

The six face clock. The only other one is in Russia.

IMG_4063

The Tobacco Warehouse in Stanley Dock, is due to be restored and is an absolutely stunning building.

IMG_4064

We shared the locks with John again, Keith breasted the boats up, so John and I could help the C&RT guys with the locks.

IMG_4090

We met up with President and Kildare, they are going to Liverpool for the Steam weekend.

IMG_4097

IMG_4102

Hope they have a good time.

It was time to work the swing bridges again and hope non of them failed. We got to the Methodist swing bridge and one of the C&RT guys was there who had helped us on our way into Liverpool. The bridge had failed, but was fixed again. He was there to help a boat stranded in the middle of the canal with a fishermans keep net around his prop (Oh joy). We waited for them to be pulled into the towpath before operating the bridge with the C&RT guy.

IMG_4133

After a longish day we moored up at Lydiate.

Whilst on the move today, with no fire lit Marmite wanted some warmth and Paddy was where she was going to find it.

SAM_4322

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails