*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Wednesday 11 May 2016

Moored at Worsley

Damp old start to the day, after some over night rain, it was still spit spotting as we left Wigan with Linda and George on NB Wandering Star. They were only to happy for the help with the locks.

IMG_4502

IMG_4503

Wigan Pier is in need of some TLC, but that could also be said for the offside buildings as well. It is sad when things begin to go down hill.

IMG_4511

It was goodbye to Wigan.

geese

Lots of families with their young.

The weather did not improve any through the locks and Plank Lane lift bridge, but we carried on regardless with Linda and George following on. They then stopped for a spot of lunch at Bridgewater Park and we carried on to Worsley.

Untitled-1

President and Kildare were leaving a mooring and so we pulled into their space, which was perfect.

IMG_4537

We have left enough room for Linda and George to join us when they arrive. The Packet House behind Hadar. was built in the 18th Century. But the mock Tudor frontage was added in 1845.

IMG_4544

The buildings here are pretty.

IMG_4562

One of the entrances to the underground canal leading to the mine workings. Sadly it is all very over grown.

IMG_4559

Bridge near the Packet House leading from the Bridgewater Canal to Worsley Delph. More could be made of this fascinating history, but money and effort is needed I fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails