*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 17 May 2016

In the land of Orange water.

We had a lovely peaceful night at Paddys Wood.

We left the mooring at 9 am and headed for the first of the 23 locks we would do today.

SAM_4325

I love these locks because with them being doubles you can go up whilst someone else is either going the same way or in the other direction.

SAM_4327

We had a good run up through the Cheshire locks, 23 of them and 7½ miles in 5½ hours, with lots of boats coming down, setting the locks ready for us, and the sun was shining too!

SAM_4331

The motorway at Hassell Green was very busy and they all seemed to be going way to fast for my liking.

SAM_4338

In the distance a view of Mow Cop.

SAM_4339

With lots of boats coming down the locks we played boat balet with a few.

IMG_4891

We decided to moor at Red Bull, and were fortunate that a hire boat pulled off the mooring allowing us to pull in. We were thinking there may not be any moorings further up the locks, so took this one for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails