*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 3 May 2016

Ferry Across the Mersey.

Hooray, hooray I slept like a log last night until 5.55 pm. Time for a brew and a natter, before we got up and set about getting ready for our day out.

IMG_3351

I said “Good morning” to the fab four before we set off on to the Mersey ferry.

IMG_3374

We were so looking forward to our trip across the Mersey.

IMG_3378

10.00 am and we were off, with the Liver Building standing proud to see us off.

We arrived at Woodside, Birkenhead at 10.30 am and had an hour to look around the U-Boat Story.

IMG_3534

It is an incredible story.

IMG_3497

IMG_3500

You get to see inside the U-Boat and see just how cramped it would have been for the 52 man crew, with just one toilet (Sorry I mentioned the word). It really is incredible. After enjoying the display we had just enough time for a cuppa. On reflection we should have said “No thank-you”, but we were thirsty. £2.20 ech for a pot of tea. Daylight robbery really.

IMG_3520

11.30 am Snowdrop came to collect us.

IMG_3458

The Liverpool skyline is stunning. Back on the Liverpool side, we set off to find the City Buffet for our lunch. We always like to try other places Chinese Buffets. It was splendid and well worth finding.

IMG_3570

Our next place to visit was the Roman Catholic Cathedral, which we had been told to visit.

IMG_3573

It is breath taking inside and out.

IMG_3586

The architecture in Liverpool is amazing and only out done by London apparently. We had a fabulous day and the weather was brilliant all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails