*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Wednesday 25 May 2016

Denford to Cheddleton Railway Station.

13254052_10154232395599532_4395872897550026841_n

We had a fabulous time at Denford. Lunch was really nice as was the beer that washed it down. During the evening we went back to the pub to meet up with friends, Marina, Allyson and Rupert. It was wonderful to catch-up with them and to enjoy the evenings atmosphere in the pub. It is well worth a visit, if you can moor.

This morning after a late start we set off for Cheddleton Flint Mill. It was only a short hop.

IMG_5574

Mooring was not a problem.

IMG_5577

We walked down to Cheddleton Mill.

IMG_5582

I love the cottages.

IMG_5583

Apparently the earliest reference to milling at Cheddleton dates back to 1253.

IMG_5603

They have two waterwheels.

SAM_4406

Having looked around the Mill, we headed down the pair of locks and on to Cheddleton Railways Station.

IMG_5676

We moored alongside the station and opposite The Boat Inn.

IMG_5621

IMG_5645

The station has quite a history and is beautiful.

IMG_5656

We got to have a look around and enjoy the engines. This coming weekend they will be running the Steam Engines to Froghall.

IMG_5666

Diana one of the coaches they are working on.

Opposite the station is a field with pigs in and I could not resist taking this photograph.

IMG_5632

Piglets tucking into lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails