*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 19 April 2016

Harecastle Tunnel to Wheelock.

tunnel

We had a sunny day which started chilly after an over night frost, but it soon warmed up. We had an 8am start through Harecastle tunnel, we were the only boat, so we had it done and dusted in 30 minutes. Whilst Keith took us through the tunnel, I got a wash done and did some hand washing as well, because his cords are to heavy for our washing machine.

SAM_4226 

A good run down through the bulk of the Cheshire locks, 26 done today. We had company. Linda and Gerald on NB Millie Anne were ahead of us, so we shared all the lock work on the paired locks. It was an absolute joy and it did not feel like 26 locks. Whilst waiting at one lock a lady came and gave me some wool and t-shirts for our blankets and rag rugs. Which was so sweet of her.

locks

We are now moored between Bridge No. 156 and No.157, just west of Wheelock.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails