*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Sunday 13 March 2016

Tom o’the Wood to Lapworth Top Lock.

We were woken by the dawn chorus and the Rookery which was beside the boat. Listening to the Rooks was really amazing. They were having quite a conversation.

IMG_9444

Before I go on about today. To end yesterday’s wonderful cruise, we went to the Tom o’the Wood pub, which is beautiful. A nice pint of Doobar was enjoyed in the pub garden.

IMG_9447

Early evening and a familiar sound pulled alongside us. It was Kate and Bob on NB Glenfield. After a lovely chat they decided to pull in at our bow and spend the night.

Ok back to today. Having been woken by the Rook’s, we lay in bed with a cuppa. The sound of Glendfield’s engine starting up, silenced the Rooks. Bob and Kate set off just after 6 am for their cruise to do Hatton Locks.

IMG_9450

Once we were up, Paddy got his morning stroll. He is certainly enjoying lots of new smells and the freedom of the towpath, although he does not spend much time off his lead.

IMG_9458

It was so calm that the reflections were glorious.

IMG_9465

IMG_9463

Having set off we turned on to the Stratford Canal at 9.15 am and we had wall to wall sunshine.

SAM_1592

With the locks now being single, I got to play at the tiller.

IMG_9468

IMG_9471

Keith took over lock wheeling, so I could have a play. I am getting much better at taking Hadar in and out of locks. It is like everything it gets better with practice.

SAM_1593

SAM_1604

We had a wonderful climb up the flight, with boats coming down.

SAM_4025

At times it was a little tight, but with some instruction this boater got it right.

IMG_9472

We are now moored up above the top lock at Lapworth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails