*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Sunday 4 October 2015

Making the most of the weather.

Hi Folks.

Yesterday we had thought of going out, but with England playing Australia in the Rugby World Cup. We decided to hang fire and stay on the mooring to watch the match. Not much to say about the outcome really. England lost and are out the Rugby World Cup end of. The press of course are making a huge thing about it, but at the end of the day it is just a game.

So this morning we decided to go out for the day on the boat up to Radford Semele. The Autumn sunshine was lovely and warm on my face and the sight of the Autumn colours really put a smile on my face.

IMG_7741

It felt more like a Summers day.

IMG_7742

The only give away really was the changing of the leaves on the hedgerows and trees.

IMG_7746

IMG_7750

Really strange shaped boat at the bottom of the Cape of Good Hope locks.

IMG_7760

More stunning colours.

IMG_7766

We had a quiet journey to Radford Semele, where we winded at what is now a very shallow winding hole, so it took us a few goes at getting round.

12096288_10153705904319532_5807710500993539109_n

We moored up for lunch, which was a Casserole and Dumplings, which went down nicely.

IMG_7770

After our lovely lunch we set off back to our mooring, with the sunshine still warming us.

IMG_7782

Back up through the Cape Locks and then back home.

Coming home really makes me appreciate out lovely mooring, because we have the peace and quiet here. It was so evident on our trip out today that the towpaths are no longer quiet places, where you can moor up and enjoy being outside. There were to many cyclists racing along the towpath, they were coming into contact with walkers and dogs, which cause their own problems. It was chaos out there and so our mooring is an oasis from the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails