*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Thursday 25 June 2015

Braunston Bound.

IMG_5204

Yesterday we left Crick at 7.30 am and headed through Crick tunnel heading for Watford Locks and the Sanitary Station. When we arrived there was a boat taking on water. When they had finished, they headed down the locks and we took their place. IMG_5207

Coming up the locks was Aber. We had a quick natter with them, before they went on their way. All watered up, rubbish dumped and cassettes empty, Steve the lockie let us down the locks as Nuneaton and Brighton arrived.

IMG_5209

We had a quick run down the locks and went out our way to Braunston.

IMG_5229

Braunston Tunnel we met a couple of boats coming from the other direction, the first of those boats was actually using his bow thruster to steer through the tunnel and alongside us. I have no idea why they thought it would help, as there is only room for two boats passing. But hey ho, it takes all sorts.

IMG_5230

12 noon we moored up above the Braunston Locks.

IMG_5246

Nuneaton and Brighton arrived and pulled alongside us for a cuppa and a good chat. It was lovely to see Barry again and to meet Colin. Maggie our friend off Forever Young arrived on foot to give the pair a hand down the locks.

SAM_1239b

I got the chance to take the pair down the flight. I have steered a pair breasted up, so I was so excited to be given the chance. I actually found it really easy and I am proud of myself.

Having moored the pair up in their mooring for the boat festival, Keith and I went back to our boat for dinner. We then met everyone at the Admiral Nelson for a few beers. A great evening was hand by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails