*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Friday 22 May 2015

Welford Wharf to Foxton Top Lock.

Last night we had the Mikron Theatre Company boat Tyseley tied up alongside us. They are doing gigs around the area and will soon be out on the boat. The boat looked fantastic with its lovely paint work. Great to chat with Marianne last night.
We left the Welford Arm at 8.25 am and headed for the junction.
Panda's have come to the Welford Arm. Poor thing was rather lonely.
We had a lovely jaunt, pootling along the canal and admiring the Leicestershire countryside. Nothing much had changed until we reached North Kilworth and there is now a hunking great hole in the ground where a new marina is going in. A shame that all the old hedgerow has been ripped out and replaced with a new one, which seems a little odd.
We arrived at the top of the Foxton Locks at 11.30 am and tied up.

It was then time to shut the boat up and go and catch-up with friends. Richard and Ruth are moored in front of us on Comfortably Numb, so we had a good old natter to them, then visited Gary and family at the top lock cafe, where we had a catch-up. After lunch I took Paddy out for his walk and who should be coming up the locks. Jenny and Jim on NB Jolly Roger. So after they moored up Keith and I went and had a coffee with them and again did a lot of catching-up. Everyone is so pleased to see Keith looking so well after his dreadful year last year. We will be spending the weekend trading if the weather is good enough.
Have a great weekend everyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails