*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Friday 8 May 2015

Cropredy to Banbury.

It was another early morning wake up and this time I woke up all on my own. Absolutely no idea why but it must be a menopausal thing.

We let go at 8.00 am and our first port of call was the Sanitary Station, where we filled up with water, empty the rubbish and both the toilet cassettes.

SAM_7000

We were very fortunate that at the locks we met boats coming up, so the locks were left ready for us.

SAM_7002

it is sad to see Bourton Lock cottage is still not finished. We met the couple who were doing it up in 2009 and they seemed in full flow as to what was going to happen to the cottage. But it looks like nothing much has happened since.

A nice smooth cruise into Banbury, which was extremely quiet boat wise, which was somewhat of a surprise.

IMG_2337

Having tied up at 10.45 am, we shut the boat up and strolled into the town to see what changes had taken place. We were actually hoping the Top Wok Chinese Buffet was still there and phew it was. So that was where we had a scrummy lunch. We had a lovely chat with the lady running it as we ate a very good lunch. With being pleasantly full, we had a walk around the town and of course did the charity shops, where we found Keith a couple of tank tops and I got some more DVD’s for 70p each in the Katherine House Hospice Charity Shop. Banbury is a fabulous town, but like with many towns and cities it has empty shops and is suffering.

We are going to stay here for the weekend, so we can enjoy Banbury a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails