*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Wednesday 25 March 2015

Making the most.

 

IMG_9551

Last nights sunset over the Arm.

SAM_6912

Today was the day we uncovered the Wildflower Garden. It has been covered by a carpet and chippings all Winter to smoother the weeds. This morning with the help of others, we uncovered it to the air and were very pleased to see that there were no weeds, just bulbs which had come up and tried to find the light. Clearly we had not dug them all up last Autumn. The bed was then sewn with Wildflower Seeds and our fingers are crossed that the bed will look a riot of colour throughout the Summer.

SAM_6915

With the Wildflower bed done, we turned out attention to Bernard the Willow Bear, who needed some work done to him. He has been standing for almost a year now and has survived all the weather and attention to given to him by the Arms visitors. Alan his designer and builder came to add more Willow to his body to strengthen him for the season ahead. Jack and I helped by tidying him up and filling in where spaces had appeared.

SAM_6916

Bernard’s new hair do, which was clipped when finished.

SAM_6917

All done and ready to receive his public for another season.

The weather was so lovely, so it was nice to get a few jobs done in the Arm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails