*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Saturday 6 December 2014

Santa has come to town.

Early on we strolled up into town, because I wanted to get some Christmas cards. Santa’s grotto was being built. The market was in full swing and there is now a definite Christmas spirit going on.

Today is Small Business Saturday, when we the shoppers are encouraged to shop in the smaller shops and give the larger stores a miss. That is very achievable in Warwick, because many of the shops are independent retailers. Having walked around the market, we made our way back to the boat and I got on with cooking lunch, which was Liver and Onions. I had left it cooking in the back cabin stove whilst we were out. The smell was sublime as I opened the slide.

After lunch, I decided to walk back into the town to go to the post office to post a parcel and some cards. The price of postage is really getting stupid and I can see us not sending cards if the price of postage goes up again.

DSC00002

Santa has arrived in Warwick. Santa was sat in his grotto meeting and greeting the children and some of them were adult size children. We are all still kids at heart aren’t we? I know I am. Not sure he would of allowed me to sit on his knee though.

DSC00001

One of Santa’s little helpers. One of Santa’s helpers seemed to have a frightening affect on small children and animals and yet I thought it was very cute, but I love a bear. One thing was certain, he/she was nice and warm. The market place was very busy, as was the rest of the town from what I could see.

Christmas is coming and this year for us will definitely be better than last years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails