*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Friday 22 August 2014

Update.

530175_10150688354986372_1347160392_n

The news on Paddy’s blood tests had a small amount of good news and a lot of bad news.

The good news was his kidney and liver function were fine.

The bad news was his white cell count was through the floor and he was not making enough red cells, which is very worrying. Along with his high temperature. Normally a dogs temperature is 100.5 to 102.5 degrees Fahrenheit (or 38 to 39.2 degrees Celsius). Paddy’s was 40.9 degrees Celsius, so a huge worry.

The vet has said she is unsure what his problem is, but I think she may have ideas. One of them is an Auto-immune problem. She has put Paddy on some Steriod’s to try and get his temperature down and to stimulate his appetite, because he has not been eating much.

Today his temperature seems to be down a little. I had to take his temperature and let her know what it was. He has eaten, but only if Keith or I feed him, so we are not out of the woods just yet.

We have 10 days worth of Steriod’s and then he has to go back to the vets. But if he gets worse before then we have to go back. So the news is a bit hit and miss on Paddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails