*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Monday 11 August 2014

Tad windy and Carrots.

Well how did you fair with ex hurricane Bertha?

We had plenty of rain and then the wind kicked in yesterday afternoon. Come 3 pm there was a heck of a bang outside, so we went to investigate, only to find our girl heading off to the other side of the Arm, which I spoke about yesterday.

10553515_10152667339574532_3976610805848261916_n

This is the nice new mooring ring we have had fitted by Ian. We hope that this one will last.

The wind blew into the evening and no further problems thankfully.

This morning we woke to sunshine and a gusty breeze. The sunshine is very welcome, the blustery showers we could do without. Before the showers, I walked Paddy and then headed off up the town to get a couple of things from Sainsbury and some size 10 needles from the Myton Hospice Charity Shop. Now I say Charity because that is what it is, but with some of the prices on their goods you would think they were a main retailer. I am pretty sure that Charity shops have gotten more and more expensive, or it may just be my imagination, or maybe I am becoming a scrooge in my mature years. Some of the Charity shop prices are silly. A top I saw and fancied from TU (Sainsbury’s) was £5.99, which to me is way to expensive for 2nd hand. So that stayed on the hanger.

Leaving us this morning were John, Caroline and Beren on NB Vanyar, NB Meanders and a stunning narrow Dutch barge Etoile du Nord.

SAM_6667

I know they pop in to read the blog. So it was lovely to meet you and thank you for reading my ramblings. Sadly with a brain like a sieve I have forgotten you names. Maybe you can let me know please.

Lunchtime seemed to come round quickly. Yesterday I had cooked Braising Steak and Mushrooms and so I put that into a pie case. We had potatoes, home grown beans and our home grown carrots.

SAM_6668

Our first picking. I just love the quirky shapes.

The sun is back out and I am in knitting mode. I am trying to knit a new pattern for a boatman’s scarf. If I pull it off I will post a photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails