*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Sunday 13 July 2014

Warwick Thai Festival.

Last night at Warwick Castle it was proms at the castle and in the arm we were treated to the display by a Spitfire. Unfortunately it was raining lightly, but never the less I stood outside and watched the majestic plane swooping across the sky.

Today it was the turn of the Thai Festival.

With the Warwick Thai Festival East meets West once again as the popular annual event returns to the town centre, with Market Place filled with the spiced aromas of eastern cooking and music of the orient. It was our fist visit to the event and we will definitely go again.

SAM_6644

The Mayoress officially opened the festival, having walked from the Castle up Swan Street and into the Market Square, where crowds had gathered to join in with the Thai celebrations.

SAM_6640

Warwick has a long association with Thailand after helping with the tsunami appeal and in 2012 the Rotary Club was able to provide an extra dialysis machine.

SAM_6635

During the day there was to be cookery classes, Thai Boxing and dancing with music also thrown in and of course lots of food.

SAM_6632

There were plenty of craft stalls.

SAM_6634

SAM_6637

The food stalls smelt amazing, so amazing that we had lunch from one of them. Keith had Thai Green Curry with noodles and I had Chicken and Cashew Nuts with Rice, both meals were £5 and extremely filling. If you had never eaten Thai food before, it was a great way to sample the food.

SAM_6642

SAM_6631

There was something for everyone and none of it overly expensive, which makes a nice change when going to a festival. By the time we were ready to come home the Market Place was heaving with people, children and dogs. Why on earth you would want to take your dog to something like this I have no idea. They would have been much happier at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails