*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Saturday 21 June 2014

Engine strip down and repaint.

It was time to get the paint brushes out again and this time the engine room was going to get all the attention.

SAM_6571

We stripped out the shelving and the step and I got on with painting them in the hold, that was yesterdays job (Friday).

Todays job was to start on the engine, so having off the air filter, oil filter and starter motor with Keith, I got on with rubbing the engine down.

10409112_10152516487874255_5583478038289565726_n

The first coat went on really easily, despite the problems of getting round the engine.

SAM_6575

The morning sunshine and heat soon had the paint nice and dry.

SAM_6576

After lunch I decided it was dry enough to put on coat number two and to paint the guards over the alternators, oil filter and air filter.

I do so love it when I can get such a lot done and that is the benefit of having this mooring and not moving this year. I know I can get all the paintwork done, without having to worry about moving or putting things away.

SAM_6578

Atlas.

SAM_6580

and Malus came into the arm today to stay for a few days.

SAM_6590

They are two 1930′s work boats that are owned jointly by Coombeswood Canal Trust (CCT) and the BCN Society.

A busy old day, but feel so pleased to have broken the back of the engine repaint.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails