*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Sunday 13 April 2014

Gardening and more gardening.

The weather has been so glorious, that I have been making the most of it, by gardening. I spent some of the week working on the Trusts raised beds, which needed weeding. Once weeded I then used up all the bark chipping the council left for us after they came and chipped a pile of branches and hedging.

SAM_0170

Yesterday Bernard the Warwick bear arrived as you will have seen from a previous posting, so I had a break from gardening to watch him being installed.

SAM_0177

He is certainly a handsome chap. I am making sure he gets a drink twice a day, because it is hoped that he will be a living statue. Willow roots very easily and then it is a matter of keeping him trimmed.

Today I decided to spend time on our garden, so I trimmed the bushes down to a more manageable height and then finished putting the chippings along the back of our garden. By the time I had done all of that it was time to prepare some lunch. Today’s offering was Chicken, Leek and Mushroom with a crumble topping, this was accompanied  by Cabbage, Carrots and Potatoes.

After lunch with it being a Sunday, I had an afternoon of playing with my camera. Today’s offerings can be seen on my Canal Flora and Fauna Blog. It is amazing what we have in the Arm. It has been a great few days, what with Keith having his bag removed and the weather being so wonderful. Not only that we have friends Chrissie and Richard moored in the arm on their boat Mandalay for a few days and we are planning a lot of catching up whilst they are here.

IMG_2436

Whilst I went out with my camera today, Keith sat on our pontoon and enjoyed the sunshine. He is making a slow but good recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails