*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Saturday 8 February 2014

Day 27.

Last night Keith rang me to let me know the visiting restrictions have been lifted, which is excellent news, so it will be visiting as normal for me. Keith was very unhappy about his mattress, which is an air mattress which is to stop him getting bed sores, but the problem for Keith is one of the ridges is right under his bottom and it is causing him some pain. Keith does not have much padding on his bottom at the moment due to his weight loss and he cannot lie on his sides due to the bile bag on one side and the PIC line on the other, so he is getting very uncomfortable. I told him to speak to the doctor to see if he can get the nurses to change the mattress, because they do not seem to be listening to his concerns, which means he is not sleeping and therefore not healing.

I went to bed at 10pm and sort of slept ok, I woke a couple of times in the night and then was awake at 5.30am, so got up and made myself a nice hot cuppa. Lay in bed until 6.45am and then got up to begin my day.

It was soon time to head to the hospital, so I walked in the Winter sunshine and a blowing wind.

Keith has had a good day today. He was much brighter when I arrived, so we headed for the bathroom for his wash and shave. Keith was still receiving fluids via his PIC Line and they had his antibiotics. They did a blood test to check his blood levels, because they cannot give him Gentamicin if it is still in his blood stream as it is so toxic. We did manage a couple of walks, which is so important to do to rebuild his strength. I think he was so much better today, because the stronger antibiotics are now working (fingers crossed). They are still keeping a close eye on his bloods, but he has had a good day. He has certainly got his appetite back and his colour. He must be getting better, because he was getting grumpy with me hahahaha. Keith managed to get the nurses to change his mattress, so he can at least get some proper rest now. The visiting restrictions have been lifted which is good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails