*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Sunday 5 January 2014

So here we are.

Five days into the New Year and I never even gave resolutions a thought. I suppose that is because I never really make them.  It could be said I am apathetic at best and cannot be bothered at worst. After all who actually ever keeps to them anyway.

I intend to just keep on doing what I do. I am not doing diets, or changing my look. I am just going to be me.

I began to recycle in earnest this year since having a mooring, because we have a great recycling point at Sainsbury, so this year I am going to embark on even more recycling, by checking if there is anything we throw away that can go into the recycling bins. I have already cut our bin down by three quarters, which I am so pleased with. At the moment we can recycle clothing, cans, paper, plastics and bottles at Sainsbury and all veg waste is put into the compost heaps at the mooring.

It is so easy to get caught up in our own lives and forget about actually living and helping others.

  1. I am going to make the most of every day, after all this life is the only one I get as far as I know.
  2. I hope that I will be able to do something which will make myself and others smile every day.

So how has the start to your New Year been?

Ours was quiet, what with Keith still being on the mend. Thankfully he is now up and about, all be it a bit dodgy on his pins, but that is due to being in bed for two weeks. His back is rather weak as well, so we need to work on getting that strengthened. He has finished most of his tablets now, so fingers are crossed that his back continues to improve and his water infection does not rear its ugly head again.

My New Year has whilst being quiet, was nice, because I got to watch plenty of TV. This was actually mostly films. What I did find very sad as the fact that most of the films were repeats and not just Christmas repeats, these films have been repeated time after time throughout the year, such as Star Wars and harry Potter, Ben Hur, Spartacus, Where Eagles Dare, etc etc, the list is endless. I would have thought with all the new films out there year on year, we could have had more new films shown over Christmas. I did watch The Terminal with Tom Hanks, I had not seen that before. I am not a soap lover and have not watched a single soap now for over 13 years. I am sick of the doom and gloom, shouting and screaming which seems to be the main stay of them these days. If they were more light hearted and up beat may just maybe I would have another look at them, but I think hell will freeze over before that happens. I really enjoy Still Open All Hours and the new Birds of a Feather. I am old school and like the older comedies. The Tv over Christmas the New Year was my friend what with Keith being poorly.

The weather has not been the best and there is a lot of flooding out there, so please stay safe where ever you are in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails