*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 27 August 2013

Incredible weekend at Alvecote.

IMG_9525

Wow what a weekend we had at Alvecote. It was incredible and a huge thank you goes out to The Samuel Barlow and the Burge Family for putting on such a wonderful gathering.

IMG_0092

IMG_0154

There were approximately 58 historic boats and other boats at the gathering.

IMG_0171

Keith and I went out on the parade with Derek and Allyson who have Birmingham and a jolly old time was had by all.

IMG_9962

There was a winding competition ever day which had its fair share of bumps.

IMG_9634

A small funfair was laid on for the children and trading boats Draco and the Cheese boat were on had has was NB Comfortably Numb and the Candy Boat. Every evening we went to the pub for a couple of pints, which is not like us as we are not used to drinking for four evenings in a row, but we were having the best time. I do not think I have chatted and laughed so much at a boaters gathering as I did over the weekend. On Sunday the new Chief Executive of the Canal and River Trust dropped in for a visit and I hope he enjoyed himself, he joined Geraldine and Michael on the Cheese boat for a chat.

This is short and sweet, because I have dinner to cook, but I wanted to let my readers know I am fine and well, but have been busy having a good time. Today we left Alvecote and are now moored near Spring Haven Marina.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails