*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 23 July 2013

Back in Nottingham.

Map picture
Travelled 1.6 miles, worked 2 locks in a time of 1 hour 35 minutes.

So did you get them?

I am talking about the thunderstorms last night. We sure did. The sky turned pitch black and then it began, thunder, lightening and eventually rain. The lightening was amazing, we were treated to a real light show. I am a huge lover of thunderstorms and just had to stand outside and watch it until the rain began to fall. Before going to bed the heat had dropped a little making it much more pleasant to sleep.

I was awake at 4.30 am all hot and bothered and listening to the thunder which had begun all over again. I got up at 5 am quietly so not to disturb Keith as he slept. I sat in the saloon listening to the thunder whilst drinking a nice cool drink. I stayed up until 5.30 am, and then went back to bed, settled into a nice deep sleep until 8 am when Keith climbed over me to make a cuppa. The thunder and lightening was still rumbling on in the distance and rain was steadily falling, it was going to be a wet walk for Paddy and I.

Up and dressed, Paddy and I set off for the first walk of the day and no sooner we stepped off the boat, it began to rain and then it poured and poured, so by the time we got back to the boat we were both soaked, but it was so refreshing to the skin and the heat seemed to have gone from the air.

Keith and I had thought we may just stay put with the weather being so indifferent, but after lunch the sun began to shine and so we decided we would make a move.

IMG_7780

At 1.15 pm it was goodbye to Holme Pierpont and its beautiful surroundings, I really enjoyed watching the canoeists.

IMG_7790

Nottingham Princess the trip boat, had winded at the lock and was now following us.

IMG_7799

First sighting of Nottingham.

IMG_7810

Modern and traditional.

IMG_7813

IMG_7816

IMG_7814

We turned right before Trent Bridge and we were back on to the Nottingham Canal.

IMG_7818

We stopped at the sanitary station above Meadow Lane Lock to empty one of the cassettes. The toilets and shower are out of commission due to abuse and will not be in use until further notice. I find it sad that people feel the need to abuse something which really are so useful to boaters.

IMG_7821

IMG_7823

IMG_7825

Onward into Nottingham.

IMG_7828

IMG_7829

IMG_7830

Castle Lock was in our favour, which was an added bonus.

IMG_7832

We moored up not long after leaving the lock, this will do for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails