*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Wednesday 5 June 2013

Painting Day Two.

With the promise of another hot and sunny day, I was going to second coat the back cabin and engine room roof.

SAM_5439

It was actually a rather grey start with low cloud and a chill in the air, but ideal for painting.

SAM_5438

Whilst I got on with painting the roof, Keith set about mending our Kebb which got broken last year on the Marple flight.

SAM_5435

He cut the damaged end off and reshaped it to fit the kebb, I then rubbed down the pole with Teak oil to give it some protection against the weather.

SAM_5434

Whilst the roof dried I painted the new fireman’s hose with 2 coats of white emulsion. So from a dirty brown colour, it is now nice and white.

SAM_5436

Keith then got on with painting the red on our water cans. Red bleaches easily and so it was looking a little tired.

SAM_5440

I then turned my attention to the galley doors and gave them their second coat of varnish.

SAM_5437

After some lunch, it was beginning to warm up, so I got on with rubbing down the galley roof and then gave it, its first coat of paint. The sun then came out drying the paint really quickly. Tomorrow it will get its second coat. It was nice to get so much done today and tomorrow it will be another day of painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails