*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Monday 20 May 2013

Time to move on.

Travelled 7.5 miles, worked 4 locks in a time of 3 hours 5 minutes.

I only have a GPRS signal, so no photographs today sorry.

After what can best be described as a very relaxing weekend at The Saltisford Canal Centre, it was time to say “Goodbye” and to move off. I was actually sad to go, because apart from the road noise, it was quiet and we could sit out without being mown down by cyclists, ravaged by dogs and the constant footfall you get on many of the towpaths these days. Yesterday I sat out with a coffee and could have happily fallen asleep before dinner because I was so relaxed. But all good things must come to an end and so this morning we left at 9.15am having paid our dues to Ian for the weekends stay. The first night is free, then £5 a night after and £3 a day for being plugged into the electric, you can use their facilities, such as the laundry, elsan, pump out, rubbish etc.

We had the Cape Locks to do first, which were against us and then our first port of call was Tesco at Emscote, Warwick. We moored before Br 46 as the Tesco moorings were full. Having spent less than an hour shopping we were underway again and this time we were off to Royal Leamingston Spa, where we found a mooring at midday. I got on and made us some lunch and a drink before we walked into the town to do a couple of things. We did not bother with sightseeing because we wanted to move out into the countryside for the night, so having done the things we had on our list of things to do, we set off again at 2pm. Radford Bottom Lock was against us and so was the first of the Fosse Locks, it was there I saw a boat moving ahead of us, so Keith suggested we pull in for the day as they had clearly not seen us and we would be turning every lock behind them, with no other boats moving so late in the afternoon. I was feeling shattered what with shopping and walking into Royal Leamington Spa, so was happy to tie up and get my feet up for a bit. But of course there is no rest for the wicked, so I will have to make dinner, feed mog and dog, wash up, lay the bed out and do numerous other things before bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails