*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Thursday 2 May 2013

On the move again.

IMG_2640

Travelled 20.7 miles, worked 2 swing bridges, and 2 lift bridges in a time of 8 hours and 25 minutes.

We left Buggy at 8.45am with the sun shining after a very heavy over night frost. We took on water, emptied the cassette and got rid of rubbish. It was then onward to the junction and back on to the Peak Forest Canal.

IMG_2656

First swing bridge of the day just after Furness Vale.

IMG_2663

Swizzler Matlow sweet factory, which always brings back memories of childhood sweets such as Love Hearts. The smell was wonderful.

IMG_2673

A sad sight seeing this boat burnt out and listing. It is sat on the bottom and full of water. There is also another one further along which has been ransacked by the looks of it.

IMG_2687

Marple Junction. The boat moored up was not in the best place, but we made it round him without scratching his paintwork.

IMG_2690

Just before Goyt Mill I took over the steering for a while.

IMG_2713

Near Whitley Green we passed NB Moor2Life and NB Seyella. Ann gave us a wave as we passed by.

IMG_2715

Bollington Mill.

IMG_2717

Canal Community Radio station in the mill.

IMG_2718

Passed Chris and Sarah on NB Eagle, they moor at Stone.

It was a wonderful day for cruising, in fact any day is good for cruising, but it is made all the more better when the sun is shining.

IMG_2736

Broadhurst Swing Bridge has been left open yayyyy thanks to Brian on NB Alton getting on the case with the C&RT. So no bad back for me today.

IMG_2740

Our cruising day ended  near Royal Oak Swingbridge, south of Macclesfield. It has been a long day but a happy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails