*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Wednesday 1 May 2013

Last day at Buggy.

We woke up to a very chilly start to the day and so I got up and lit the back cabin stove to get some warm into the cabin whilst we drank out first cup of tea of the day. The sun was shining brightly which meant the solar panel was soaking up the rays. It is lovely not to have to run the generator now that the sun is providing our power for free.

After breakfast we shut the boat up and walked into Whaley Bridge to have a look around the shops and in particular the antique shops.

finders

One of the shops we went into was Finders Keepers, who do house clearances and we found a wonderful little Oak occasional table for the saloon.

SAM_5107

I am pretty sure it is an apprentices piece, because it is small.

SAM_5108

Its size makes it just right for the saloon and we only paid £17.50 for it, which is a real find. I am going to rub it down and give it a coat of varnish and it will be as good as new.

DSC01216

Found this little piggy outside the bike shop.

Having done everything we wanted to do we wandered back towards the canal and the Canal and River Trust had set up for the day to encourage people to join the trust. They had perfect weather for encouraging the general public to come and join in with our wonderful system and having spoken to the ladies manning the tent, they are making progress with getting people to sign up. We wished them well and then came across Mike and Kit on their boat, so stood nattering on the towpath for what must have been a most enjoyable hour. Such a lovely couple and we sincerely hope we meet up with them again.

Back at the boat and Keith suggested we have lunch in the Navigation Inn, that will be twice in two days, but hey I was not complaining, it meant I did not have to cook dinner. We both had the pie of the day which was Minted Lamb and it was scrummy. It was washed down with a pint of Timothy Taylors Landlord. Back on the boat, we decided to wind the boat ready for the mornings off, after that there was little to be done as we did most of it yesterday, so we just enjoyed the sunshine until it was time for Mr Tesco to arrived between 4 and 5 pm, he turned up at 4.10 pm and found us easily, not by sat nav but by using a proper map, he does not like sat navs. The cupboard, fridge and freezer are nicely full again and we are all set for the off tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails