*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Friday 5 April 2013

Brockhall Road Bridge to Braunston.

Travelled 7.38 miles, worked 7 locks in a time of 3 hours 25 minutes.

Today began with sunshine. Thankfully the North Easterly wind had died down somewhat, which meant it was a tad warmer than yesterday. Having agreed to share the Buckby Locks with Michael and Geraldine on the Cheese Boat, we were both ready for the off at 8.30 am. Geraldine was well wrapped up against the cold, she could hardly move due to all the clothing she was wearing ;0).

9.10am we were in the first of the 7 locks. Michael and I worked the locks, taking it in turns to walk to the next lock to get it ready. All of the locks were against us, and having got up through the first 5 locks I saw a boat in front of us.

We reached the top at 10.50am, so not a bad trip up. The sun was still shining and there was some real warmth to it, which was so welcome.

It was then onward to Braunston Tunnel and out the other side where we have both moored up.

A short jaunt for us, but we have to wait for a man to come out to look at our fridge/freezer, which is now likely to be Monday. Still I have plenty to do and I may even get my camera and long lens out to see what wildlife is out there.

No photographs because I only have GPRS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails