*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 5 March 2013

Wilstone, Aylesbury Arm, GU to top of Marsworth bottom lock.

Map picture

Travelled 1.58 miles, worked 9 locks in a time of 2 hours 45 minutes.

SAM_4580

We had a lovely sunset over the lock last night and a very peaceful nights sleep. I woke this morning to the sound of a Tawny Owl calling from trees close by. When I looked at the clock it was only 5.30 am, Keith climbed over me as well, so as I was a wake I made us a cuppa. Having drunk out tea, we both settled back down to sleep for another couple of hours, before getting up to greet the day, which was filled with sunshine after an over night frost.

SAM_4588

We were ready for the off at 8.50 am with the sun in our faces warm the skin, Spring really did feel like it had a arrived, especially with the birds singing a merry song as we cruised from lock to lock.

SAM_4589

The house and garden at Black Jacks Lock No4 is stunning. The owner was out doing his garden and I said “Good Morning” and commented on how beautiful his garden was, which he thanked me for. It is wonderful to see this lock cottage in such good repair and much loved by its owners. They have a lovely view across to the Chilterns as well.

SAM_4594

In what seemed like no time at all we were back to the top of the Aylesbury Arm. We thoroughly enjoyed our time down the arm and recommend if you have never done it before, then go on do it. It only took Keith 40 odd years to do it ;0).

SAM_4595

Having left the arm, we decided we would go up the first of the double locks and then moor up as the moorings below the lock were chocker as always. There was one space but neither Keith or I like being hemmed in to much, I like my space when moored up for more than a day.

SAM_4598

Up through the lock, we moored up just above the lock opposite the Bluebell Tea Room.

SAM_4599

The sun still shining and warm, we closed the boat up and went and said “Hello” to Penny a friend of ours who is on holiday on a friends boat. It was lovely to see her as the last time we met up must be some three years ago.

Looking forward to a couple of days here, so we can go walking and we may even sample the tea room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails