*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Saturday 30 March 2013

Uxbridge to Black Jack’s Lock, Harefield.

Map picture

Travelled 4.4 miles, worked 4 locks in a time of 2 hours 25 minutes.

SAM_4901

Well that was it the last few hours in dry dock. It was official because we have the mug to prove it.

Up at 7am to make sure we were ready to be re-floated. I took Paddy across to the park for his walk and said “Goodbye” to the geese.

SAM_4906

The park is fantastic and this morning it was just Paddy and I and a couple of other dog walkers.

SAM_4907

Back on the boat, we did the final jobs and then at 8.10am the dock was being filled with water.

SAM_4908

A week had certainly flown by and yet we had got plenty done. Not all of the paint jobs were done, but we were pleased with the work achieved. It did not take long to fill the dock and we were pulled out.

SAM_4911

Unfortunately when Keith started the engine it would only run on one cylinder, so we had to crawl to just before the Swan & Bottle, where we pulled in and whilst I held the boat on the centre line Keith had to strip down the engine to bleed the air out of the same injector pump. We obviously have a problem with air very slowly getting into that pump, so at some point we will have to check all the pipe connections etc, are done up tight. Yet another job that needs sorting.

SAM_4912

Once the engine was running on both cylinders we were soon up through Uxbridge Lock and on our way to Denham Deep Lock.

SAM_4913

SAM_4915

We were very fortunate with the weather, whilst it was cold it was sunny and just perfect for cruising.

SAM_4917

We arrived above Black Jack’s Lock at 10.55am, locked the boat up and walked up to see Keith’s sister and her husband who live in Harefield. We spent the whole afternoon with them chin wagging over lunch and coffee, it was wonderful to catch up with them and as you do put the world to right.

SAM_4918

Hadar moored above Black Jacks lock and mill, a very picturesque spot. Black Jack's Mill is a Victorian property on the bank of the Grand Union Canal, and there has been a mill on site since being recorded in the Domesday Book. Doctor Who was filmed here in July 1988.

Having spent a lovely time at Keith’s sisters, we walked back to the boat, where I made us some dinner, fed the animals and then put my feet up before bed time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails