*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Saturday 23 March 2013

Uxbridge Boat Centre.

Up with the larks this morning to snow and sleet falling, so glad we descended the lock yesterday.

The Uxbridge Boat Centre like you to be there before 9 am, so we were up at 7.30 am, Paddy walked, breakfast eaten and saloon fire stoked up. I had thought of leaving the back cabin stove out, but what is another story.

SAM_4843

8.15 am we set off from our over night mooring at The Swan and Bottle, during the evening we had a visit from Carrie on NB Blackbird. It was wonderful to see her again and to have a quick natter. We may see her in the week if she is not busy. So where was I, oh yes we set off to dry dock in the sleet and snow and a bit of a breeze, this journey took us all of 15 minutes.

SAM_4845

SAM_4850

We moored up and Keith walked around to the dock to let them know that we were there. In the dock was Elsdale II, who was still being worked on, so we would have a bit of a wait. Because it was so cold I decided to relight the back cabin stove, to keep the cabin warm and us too. Whilst we were waiting to go in Bob off of Glenfield paid us a visit with some more material for Keith’s rag rugs, I made us all a cuppa and we sat and had a lovely chat.

SAM_4853

1.30 pm Elsdale II came out of the dry dock and we were called in.

SAM_4855

We are sharing with NB Auberge, although they are not blacking their own boat, so we will be pretty much on our own.

SAM_4858

It is now 5.30 ish and the water is still emptying out of the dry dock, so it is unlikely we will be pressure washing off the boat tonight. Still we have a week to get it done and I have plenty to keep me busy sewing wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails