*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Monday 11 March 2013

Cow Roast to South of Berkhampstead.

Map picture

Travelled 3 miles, worked 9 locks in a time of 3 hours.

SAM_4672

Brrrrrrrr a very cold start to the cruising day as we left Cow Roast at 8.20 am.

SAM_4673

Lovely lock cottage which has had a roof make over.

SAM_4678

At Bushes Lock, I had problems opening the towpath side bottom gate, there is something jammed behind the gate, so we will send an e-mail in about it. We arrived in Berkhampstead at 10.15 am and found the only available mooring below the lock. We had thought of staying, but we decided that we would only stay long enough to do some shopping at the Tesco Metro.

SAM_4681

Having shopped, I put the frozen food away and left the rest to wait until we stopped for the day. We left Berkhampstead at 11.15 am and headed off to the Berkhampstead Locks.

SAM_4683

SAM_4684

Part of the towpath at Berkhampstead is closed as it is being worked on by Greenford.

SAM_4692

One of these days we may go in the Rising Sun.

SAM_4694

As we approached Top Side Lock, the wind got up and snow began to fall and as there was room I suggested we stop at it was 12.10 pm and I was hungry, so we pulled in, moored up and closed the boat up against the snow which fell heavily for a few moments. I got on with putting the food shop away and then made us some lunch.

Even though it was very cold this morning, I really enjoyed seeing the this part of the system again. Some of the locks were hard work, but I will be fit ready for the Summer at this rate all the weight I put on over Christmas will be gone in no time at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails