*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Monday 25 March 2013

Blacking Day One.

Up early to make a start on the blacking. Paddy got walked first and then we had something to eat. I knew I was going to need to keep my energy levels up for the first coat of blacking. I gathered together everything we were going to need. Rollers and paint trays, paint brushes and bitumen.

Whilst I got on with painting the gunwales, Keith got on with painting under the back counter. Keith is not great up ladders, so it made more sense for me to do the gunwales. By the time I had done both gunwales, Keith was beginning to paint the starboard side of the hull, so I got on with the port side. I am the type of lady who loves to listen to music while I work, so I had my MP3 player on and sang as I worked. Don’t care if I sound like a cats choir, I love singing.

SAM_4880

By lunchtime we had finished the first coat of blacking and although I say it myself it looked fantastic. Lunch was very much needed, so I made us some toasted cheese and onion sandwiches, which went down a treat. After lunch I walked into Uxbridge to get some more rollers, because we broke Keith’s trying to get the roller off, still they are only £2 with the tray from Wilko’s.

Back at the boat, it was time to get on with some more painting, I started to paint the bow and the tunnel bands on the stern. Due to the cold, the brush was beginning to drag, so it was time to call it a day, after all there is always tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails