*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Wednesday 27 March 2013

Blacking Day 3.

Another bitterly cold start. After all the usual morning stuff, it was on with the 2nd coat of blacking. I got on with coating the gunwales of the hold, whilst Keith started blacking the starboard side of the hull. I then got on with blacking the portside of the hull, we had it all done by 10 am.

After a much needed coffee, I then got on with glossing the bow with blue and then glossing the tunnel bands on the stern, they are now all done phewww. I then turned my attention to the mop handle, the blue band needed glossing and the white bands needed undercoating. With all the paintwork drying it was time for lunch.

After lunch I got on with finishing the door curtain I had started Monday, my progress was halted when my needle broke, but now I have new machine needles I was firing on all cylinders. The curtain got finished, I then hemmed new nets for the galley doors, made cushion covers for the saloon and revamped a footstool with the same fabric used for our cushion covers. I feel quite chuffed with what I have done today.

I will post further photographs tomorrow when I have the energy. Dinner has just gone in the back cabin oven and I am beginning to feel shattered, so I feel another early night coming on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails