*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Sunday 10 February 2013

Made a move.

Map picture

Travelled 2.07 miles, worked 0 locks in a time of 55 minutes.

Yesterday afternoon having run the generator for 3 hours, it became clear that we were still no better off and the batteries were clearly at fault, so it looks like more batteries are the order of the day. I have spoken and dwelled over this battery situation over the past couple of months, I am saying no more about them because they have driven me to distraction. I will however let you know what we decide and the outcome. So having charged the batteries, we had lunch and then with chocolate chip muffins in hand we walked back along the towpath to spend the rest of the afternoon with Del and Al on NB Derwent6.

del and al

Photograph taken by Del.

We had a wonderful time nattering and mulling over the problems with our batteries. The chocolate chip muffins went down well, next time I will make some lemon ones. It was great to hear all their news and their plans for the summer. Del and Al are such a delight and we always love seeing them both. After spending a few hours with them, it was time to leave them be and to head back to our boat to feed mog and dog and to make a chilli for our dinner. We spent the rest of the evening watching the TV before heading off to bed.

This morning we woke to the sound of rain beating on the roof of the boat and an owl hooting, because we were as usual awake early I got up made us a cup of tea and we sat in bed discussing our options as far as the battery problem is concerned. I am beginning to look forward to the day when I do not have to think or speak about batteries for a while, as it is doing my head in and Keith feels very much the same. Once up and about, I took Paddy for his walk up the towpath towards Weltonfield Marina, the towpath in either direction was dreadfully muddy and slippery, Paddy and I returned from our morning walk plastered in mud. We decided to move to the bottom of Watford locks where there is a good towpath, it is a very pleasant mooring, if you ignore the noise from the M1 motorway, but despite how close we are to the motorway it isn’t too bad, at least we are not up to our knees in mud, which will please Paddy as he hates being wet. Tomorrow we will get o the case as far as new batteries are concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails